Ad Code

Billie Eilish’s boyfriend Matthew Tyler Vorce apologizes for past racist and homophobic posts: ‘I am ashamed and deeply sorry’

https://ift.tt/2SJFZTR
Twitter comes after Billie Eilish's boyfriend Matthew Vorce over tweets
Billie Eilish’s boyfriend Matthew Vorce has apologized for his past tweets (Picture: Instagram/Rex)

Billie Eilish’s boyfriend has made a public apology for racist and homophobic language he used in the past after posts were unearthed by fans.

The 29-year-old actor took to Instagram Story, according to People, and shared a statement on his now private account.

‘I want to apologize for the things that I wrote on social media in the past. The language I used was hurtful and irresponsible and I understand how offensive those words are,’ he began. ‘Whether it was a lyric, a quote or just me being dumb, it does not matter.’

The actor continued: ‘I am ashamed and deeply sorry that I used them in any context. It is not how I was raised and it is not what I stand for.

‘I shouldn’t have used this language in the first place and I won’t use it again. I am so sorry for the hurt I have caused.’

 The Mother, May I Sleep With Danger? star ended the message: ‘I take full responsibility and continue to hold myself accountable for my actions.’

More to come.

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us celebtips@metro.co.uk, calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

MORE : Billie Eilish hopes her new album makes people break up with their boyfriends

MORE : Who is Matthew Tyler Vorce? All the info on Billie Eilish’s new boyfriend

From metro.co.uk

Post a Comment

0 Comments